Profile image for MrBirtles

It's Voting Day Tomorrow! I am seriously tempted not to vote but also feel that it is my duty to do so. However the choice is extremely hard as the three main parties have, in my view, let us down badly at both national and local level. The most annoying thing is that there seems a lack of joined up thinking. Three areas that come to mind are:

i) Roads have never been so bad. Most of the pothole repairs seem to be of a temporary nature. Potholes present a danger to motorists, cyclists and pedestrians so let's focus on getting them fixed first before implementing any new schemes. Also if 20 mph limits were implemented, and enforced, we could do away with all those speed humps.

ii) Education - Harpenden has some of the best schools in the country. However all this league table nonsense has resulted in some schools being oversubscribed and many thousands of tax payers' money being wasted on appeals! All the schools have to brought up to the same standard so that there is no concern as to which school your child attends. The aim should be the nearest to reduce the chaos of the daily school run. Free schools and academies only cloud the issue.

iii) Health services are for ever being more centralised on Watford. However Watford has a car parking problem that needs to be addressed (multi-storey?). Public transport is limited and has disadvantages. An elderly neighbour had a long walk when he went to visit his wife as the bus was diverted as Watford FC were playing at home!

Will you be voting tomorrow?

By MrBirtles at 13:29 on 01/05/13

Re-post           

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent